[CentOS] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! after installation of Driver Diskette for enabling Onboard RAID Controller Chipset

Mon Jul 18 13:29:07 UTC 2011
Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 11:47 AM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 07/14/11 10:56 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>> I have HP DL 180 G6 2U Rack Server with HP Smart Array Controller Card
>> B110i Onboard SATA Controller Chipset. This server has 4 * 500 GB SATA
>> HDD have configured RAID 1+0 and it shows Single Logical Drive of 940
>> GB Hard Disk in the RAID BIOS.
>
> the SmartArray 110i is simply Intel "Matrix" fake raid.  The hardware is
> purely basic plain SATA JBOD, but the BIOS and driver implement the raid
> behind the systems back.
>
> Configure the BIOS for AHCI native SATA, and use linux native raid.  See
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SoftwareRAIDonCentOS5?highlight=%28RAID%29
>

> --
> john r pierce                            N 37, W 122
> santa cruz ca                         mid-left coast

Hi Again,

I did some changes, i just created two partitions / and swap using the
Anaconda Installer, it worked fine after loading boot loader GRUB and
then after it stopped at Kernel Panic.

device—mapper: dm—raid15: initialized v0.25941
Waiting for driver initialization
Scanning and configuring dnraid supported devices
Trying to resume from (LABEL=SWAP-sda2)
Unable to access resume device (L‘*wmVgW_¢;"1iZ)
Creating root device.
Hounting root filesystem.
EXT3—fs error (device sdc1) : ext3_check_descriptors: Block bitmap for group 296
not in group (block 231211688)!
EXT3~fs1 group descriptors corrupted!
mount: error mounting /dev/root on /sysroot as ext3: Invalid argument
Setting up other filesystems.
Setting up new root fs
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
Suitching to new root and running init.
unmounting old /dev
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys
suitchrootr mount failed: No such file or directory
Kernel panic — not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

Please suggest further. is there a way to create customized initrd for
this default kernel available on CentOS 5.6

Thanks and Regards,

Kaushal