[CentOS] cannot start virt-manager in centos 6

Tue Jul 19 10:52:08 UTC 2011
Patrick Lists <centos-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl>

On 07/19/2011 05:25 AM, 赵小强 wrote:
>        I just upgrade from centos 5.6 to centos 6.0 on a x86_64 box. But
> when I try to create a new virtual guest, virt-manager give: Error:
> internal error cannot parse /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 version number
> in 'QEMU emulator version 0.14.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard'.
>       I have googled it ,but got nothing help. Any help? Thanks first :-)

So you did an upgrade from 5.6 to 6.0 and not a fresh install of 6.0?

I do not know what is causing this error but it suggests that some RPM
packages were not (properly) upgraded. I do know that upgrading from 5.6
to 6.0 is *not* supported. This is to prevent errors, perhaps like yours.

If nobody else on the list can help you, I suggest that you backup your
data and you do a clean install of 6.0.

Regards,
Patrick