[CentOS] CentOS 6 - VM network bridge issue

Tue Jul 19 21:36:54 UTC 2011
Kahlil Hodgson <kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au>

On 07/19/2011 07:52 PM, Khusro Jaleel wrote:
> A bit of a long shot but does turning on STP on the br* interfaces help?
> I vaguely remember I had to do the following on one of my machines that
> uses bonding + bridges:
>
> # brctl stp br0 on
>
> I have put this in the machines' /etc/rc.local so it's applied upon
> every reboot.

I've had to do the same for my Fedora hosts with Centos guests. You can put
	STP=on
in
	/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0

to force this bridge to always use STP.

Also, adding

	NETWORKDELAY=15
	/etc/sysconfig/network

will force you network startup script to hang for 15 seconds during
start up.  This gives the STP a chance to settle before any other
services attempt to use the bridge.

Kal