[CentOS] firewall?

Wed Jul 20 09:15:55 UTC 2011
hadi motamedi <motamedi24 at gmail.com>

On 7/20/11, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2011, hadi motamedi wrote:
>
>> If we cannot find the exact application name for centos, say MATLAB
>> for centos does not exist, so we must search for 'Mathematics
>> laboratory for centos' ? Or if Pspice for centos does not exist so we
>> must search for 'Electronics circuit schematics editor and simulator
>> for centos' ? If there any reference site that we can select centos
>> application with respect to their functionality deffinition but not
>> just the application name?
>
> Stop googling for CentOS.  If you're looking for commercial packages,
> they'll
> either claim to support Redhat or just linux, but they're very unlikely to
> mention CentOS.
>
> But this problem isn't linux specific.  How do you find matlab-like software
> for windows?
>
> jh

You are right. But here, people use windows more than Linux. So
hearing about MATLAB for windows comes natural. I need to switch
completely to my centos so I need to do everything with my centos as I
did them on my windows. It sounds a little bit hard to find one-one
exact match between the application on windows and their equivalent on
centos. Isn't it ?