[CentOS] firewall?

Wed Jul 20 13:09:08 UTC 2011
Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com>

On Wednesday 20 July 2011 05:07:23 hadi motamedi wrote:
> If we cannot find the exact application name for centos, say MATLAB
> for centos does not exist, so we must search for 'Mathematics
> laboratory for centos' ?

MATLAB stands for *matrix* laboratory, not mathematics. See

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATLAB

Searching for MATLAB on CentOS is too naive. Rather, you just want to keep in
mind that CentOS is binary-compatibile with RHEL, go to the MATLAB website and
find out that there is a supported version for RHEL:

    http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/current_release/linux.html

It costs about 2000 USD for a basic standalone installation (btw, the price is
the same for Linux, Windows and Mac).

The functionality of MATLAB for CentOS is completely equivalent to the one on
Windows. There is no alternative (free or otherwise) version which will
provide equivalent functionality. That said, there are alternative apps which
are equivalently powerful, but there are always differences.

HTH, :-)
Marko