[CentOS] Variable assigned to grep output - missing letter n!

Wed Jul 20 22:31:55 UTC 2011
Sean Carolan <scarolan at gmail.com>

> (No, I don't advocate perl for everything, but knowing more about the
> problem can
> help in determining a suitable solution.)

You're right, I gave up and used python instead.  The basic idea here
was to gather together a long list of hostnames by grepping through a
few hundred files, check the list for duplicates, and alert someone if
duplicates were found.  I had a nifty one-liner using grep, sort, and
uniq -c that basically spat out a list of hosts with duplicate
entries, but in the end it was easier to manipulate the data (at least
for me) using python.

thanks

Sean