[CentOS] centos6 not using /etc/gdm/custom.conf

Thu Jul 21 18:57:06 UTC 2011
Dejan <centos at bektchiev.net>

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:17, Jamieson, Stephen CTR Navair, 5.4.4.4
<stephen.jamieson.ctr at navy.mil> wrote:
> In CentOS5 you were able to create a server section in /etc/gdm/custom.conf such as
>
> [server-Standard]
> name=Standard server
> command=/usr/bin/Xorg -br -audit 4 -s 15
> chooser=false
> handled=true
> flexible=true
> priority=0
>
> After this change, Xorg would run with the -br -audit 4 -s 15 options.
>
> Unfortunately in CentOS6 this is not the case. It completely ignores anything put into custom.conf as far as I can tell.  It appears to run with -nr -verbose -auth -nolisten tcp by default.  Is there any way to modify this?

I just installed CentOS 6 on Monday and at least the daemon section was honored:
I have this:
[daemon]
AutomaticLoginEnable=True
AutomaticLogin=mythtv
TimedLoginEnable=true
TimedLogin=mythtv
TimedLoginDelay=30

And my MythTV account logs in without delay on boot and after 30
seconds if you logout and leave the console idle.

Deyan