[CentOS] centos6 not using /etc/gdm/custom.conf

Fri Jul 22 17:11:22 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Friday, July 22, 2011 12:22:31 PM Gerhard Schneider wrote:
> Using gdm is getting harder and harder but you can try:
>
> gconftool-2 --direct \
>   --config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults \
>   --type bool --set /apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list true
>
> There are many features available via gconftool-2 or gconf-editor only.

Some are only available if you run them as the right user, as well.  If I'm not mistaken, for gdm that would be the user 'gdm'.  So you need to run that above as user gdm with su -c $command gdm or similar.