[CentOS] cleartpart in kickstart on CentOS 6

Mon Jul 25 13:06:50 UTC 2011
Kevin C <linux at tuxalafenetre.net>

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 05:46:15 -0700 (PDT), John Doe wrote:
> From: Kevin C <linux at tuxalafenetre.net>
>
>> if [ $numd -ge 2 ]; then cat << EOF >> /tmp/partinfo
>
> Did you check the partinfo file to see if the variables are correctly
> replaced?

You're right, I have an error is this file, with /dev/sda1 instead of
/dev/sda

part /var/spool/squid --fstype=ext3 --ondisk=/dev/sda1 --grow --size-1

>> In Python,Perl or Shell? I'm searching how to wipe all drives with
>> parted or fdisk.
>
> In an external shell script.
> I just do a simple dd (I still use msdos partitioing):
> dd if=/dev/zero of=$DEVICE bs=512 count=1 >/dev/null 2>&1
> Then I use sfdisk with values calculated for the correct stripe size
> depending on the server RAID.
> Then I format with a stripe-width and optionally -m 0.
> I only let the ks do the mounting.
> Disclaimer: did not test with CentOS 6 yet...
>
>> clearpart --all --initlabel
>
> needed since you already put one in your partinfo file?

I don't think so. I put it twice only to test.