[CentOS] VLAN's

Mon Jul 25 13:07:08 UTC 2011
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Sat, July 23, 2011 15:02, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 07/23/11 10:22 AM, Kristopher Kane wrote:
>> > this sort of thing really belongs on an iproute2/netfilter mail
>> > list, however, as its not at all centos specific.
>> >
>> So John, exactly what is CentOS specific?  Should I only read the
emails with release speculation?

> things related to the packaging, repos.   at least stuff thats
> EL3/4/5/6 related.
>
> otherwise, the mission creep on this list turns it into a
> free for all.
>
>     hey I'm having problems with my set-top tv box, and it runs
> linux inside, and centos is linux, can you guys ....?

>From the mailing list page:

"The CentOS discussion and information list is a general purpose
communication list for centos."

Note the concept of "general purpose" places no exceptionally
stringent constraints on subject matter.  If you feel strongly that
your needs are limited to "things related to the packaging, repos"
then might I suggest that the centos-devel list better meets your
requirements than this one.

Canada  L8E 3C3