[CentOS] yum segfault - rpmforge problem?

Tue Jul 26 16:22:56 UTC 2011

On 07/26/2011 05:19 PM, Thomas Harold wrote:
> While the problem is bad metadata, should yum really be left off the
> hook for segfaulting when it gets bad data? Shouldn't yum catch that
> error with checks, then exit gracefully with an error code?

sure, but you need to take this upstream to get attention. I just dont
see this as an important enough issue to fix within centos here.
Expecting valid metadata should be a reasonable assumption.

Maybe we should start signing the metadata as well just as an added step.

- KB