[CentOS] Booting CentOS 6 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu

Wed Jul 27 08:16:03 UTC 2011
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Cliff Pratt wrote:

> I trying to try out CentOS 6 in an Oracle VirtualBox running on
> Ubuntu. Has anyone been able to get this configuration working?
>
> When I try to boot the "Live" ISO it starts to do the countdown but
> when it reaches zero it gets stuck - nothing else happens. No error
> messages and since the install never really gets going, no logs.
>
> I've checked the mailing list archive back a few months, but I've not
> seen anything related.

I've installed off DVD1 and done kickstart installs off the netinstall CD on
VirtualBox 4 on CentOS5, and that works just fine.  I can't see a reason why
Ubuntu would make any real difference.

I've not tried the Live ISO.

jh