[CentOS] non PAE support

Thu Jul 28 01:03:47 UTC 2011
Drew <drew.kay at gmail.com>

I was pleased as most of that era toughbook had 256 or 512 if you were
lucky. I upgraded the drive to 80GB and I dual-boot XP for a couple
apps. Fun machine.

My first linux box, a Redhat 4 machine, ran on a Pentium-133 and had
32megs when I got it. RH6 wouldn't install and I had to custom compile
a NIC driver that wasn't included in the stock kernel. That was with
maybe three days experience. :-)

-Drew

On 07/27/2011, Scot P. Floess <sfloess at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Oh wow 768 MB - nice.  My laptops have 256 MB and 384 MB - how's that for
> old :)
>
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Drew wrote:
>
>> I wonder then what people would think about my running SL6 (centos 6
>> wasn't out yet) on an old P3-866 Toughbook w/ 768MB RAM? :)
>>
>> Only machine in my inventory that I can drag *everywhere* and still
>> doesn't complain.
>>

>> --
>> Drew
>>

> Scot P. Floess             RHCT  (Certificate Number 605010084735240)
> Chief Architect FlossWare  http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
>                             http://flossware.sourceforge.net
>                             https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare

Sent from my mobile device

Drew

--Marie Curie

"This started out as a hobby and spun horribly out of control."
-Unknown

MGen Dorlan Kwase UFPSFMC
Deputy Judge Advocate General
9th MARDIV Commander, Ret.