[CentOS] dual sound

Fri Jul 29 18:44:13 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 07/29/11 11:22 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> And I've had the external speakers jacked in both in the front
> "headphones" jack, and the traditional one in the back, and sound comes
> both out of the external speakers and a speaker inside the machine.

sound cards have a myriad of different ways they can be connected to
outputs....  its possible your motherboard's audio mixer has a output to
the internal speaker.   usually these can be controlled via a 'mixer'
program, but the sound drivers have to know exactly what hardware is
connected where on the outside of the core audio chip for all this to
work sanely.