[CentOS] Good book on Linux Admin (Centos 5.5)

Cody Jackson supertanker13 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 19:20:25 UTC 2011

On 6/2/11, Todd Cary <todd at aristesoftware.com> wrote:
> My Admin books are out of date, so I need a new one that contains
> info about the Linux as in Centos 5.5.

Hi Todd;

Another good book is the "CentOS Bible". (Timothy Boronczyk,
Christopher Negus) It's fairly comprehensive and touches on a good
many subjects from desktop usage to setting up networking, Apache,
IPTables, etc. But for more detailed information, you're better off
looking at specific online guides or books. The book comes with a
CentOS 5.3 DVD but as far as I know, the information is completely
accurate for 5.5 and above.

On 6/2/11, Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen at iki.fi> wrote:
> all redhat books also works fine. there are also lots of free
> documentation available at:

> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/index.html

I also recommend this. In addition, don't forget the great wiki!

http://wiki.centos.org/

The CentOS Bible is also a satisfyingly big and heavy book you can use
to impress your friends. Best of luck!

Cheers,
Cody Jackson