[CentOS] How to set selinux policy "allow httpd_t unconfined_t:shm { unix_read unix_write }; " using an seboolean? (How to get a new seboolean?)

Aleksey Tsalolikhin

atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 23:47:21 UTC 2011

Hi.  I'm trying to get OTRS running on CentOS 5.5 with SELinux enabled,
and audit.log / audit2allow tell me I need to add the local policy:

allow httpd_t unconfined_t:shm { unix_read unix_write };

which I think will allow the httpd access to read and write from shared memory?
Is that right?  What are the risks involved in opening this?  I notice it is
denied by the default policy.

To simplify configuration management, I would prefer to make this setting
using /usr/sbin/setseebool, but I don't see an sebool that deals with shm...

How do I request one?  (And whom do I ask?)

Thanks,
-at