[CentOS] Eliminating duplicate photos

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Jun 5 12:28:51 UTC 2011

Athmane Madjoudj wrote:

> On 06/04/2011 11:49 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> I've seen fslint and fdupes recommended for this in CentOS,
>> but neither seem to be available as packages.
>> Is anyone using either under CentOS-5.6?
>>
>> It seems that they are available in the rpmfusion-free repository,
>> but as far as I can see this is not functioning with CentOS at present.

> Have you tried RPMForge:
>
> http://pkgs.repoforge.org/fdupes/
> http://pkgs.repoforge.org/fslint/
>
> Installing RPMforge:
> http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge

Thanks very much, I followed the instructions at this link
to add rpmforge to /etc/yum.repos.d/ ,
and installed fslint and fdupes.
The first did not work on my CentOS-5.6/KDE system -
I think it required some gnome libraries.
So I'm just running fdupes through my 28,000 photos
(having copied them elsewhere for safety's sake).

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net