[CentOS] php 5.3 packages

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Mon Jun 6 11:16:04 UTC 2011

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011, Jakub Jedelsky wrote:

> From: Jakub Jedelsky <jakub.jedelsky at gmail.com>
> Subject: [CentOS] php 5.3 packages
>
> Hi all,
>
> I want to install php 5.3 (php53-* packages) on customer's
> server with Centos 5.6 but I see that there is only a few
> packages. Is there any repo with compatibile packages (for
> php 5.1 I we can usually use rpforge)?

Yes, there is:

Name       : php
Arch       : i386
Version    : 5.3.3
Release    : 1.el5.remi
Size       : 3.4 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : The PHP HTML-embedded scripting language. (PHP:
Hypertext
            : Preprocessor)
URL        : http://www.php.net/
License    : PHP
attempts to
            : make it easy for developers to write
dynamically generated
            : webpages. PHP also offers built-in database
integration for

Instructions for using remi and other third party repos are
on the Centos Wiki.

Name       : remi-release
Arch       : noarch
Version    : 5
Release    : 7.el5.remi
Size       : 1.8 k
Repo       : installed
Summary    : YUM configuration for remi repository
URL        : http://remi.collet.free.fr
License    : GPL
"remi" RPM
            : Repository, as well as the public GPG keys used
to sign them.
            :
            : The repository is not enabled after
installation, so you must
            : use the --enablerepo=remi option for yum.

HTH

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net