[CentOS] hard disk install failure

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Jun 7 15:07:54 UTC 2011

Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> You could ask someone to bring their Windowz laptop, set it up and you
> are done.

Actually I always leave or install a small Windows partition
on my Linux machines.
I find that I occasionally need them, eg when updating firmware.

I don't have the religious objections many Linux users have.
As Henry IV said, "Paris is worth a mass".

> And most xDSL modems have nice web GUI, CD's are mostly used as
> idiot-proof measure with nice colored setup program.

In this case, when I go to the modem web-page (192.168.1.254)
it asks me to insert the CD "for further information".

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net