[CentOS] Revisor

Brunner, Brian T. BBrunner at gai-tronics.com
Wed Jun 8 12:55:25 UTC 2011

centos-bounces at centos.org wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 02:59:44PM -0400, Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
>>
>> Please stop fretting about top posting.
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16
>
> "Guidelines for CentOS Mailing List posts" - specific section quoted
> below:
>
> 2. Please do not top post to the mailing list when replying to a post.

Now: Please stop fretting about it, posting about it, or adding to
list-clutter with it.
Whining/nannying/naziing about top-posting is more annoying than
top-posting.
Send it in private mail please.
Please.
I really really really mean Please.

> You can not possibly tell me that you like reading text with this type

What I dislike (that I meet on this list) are
1: posting about top-posting (really)
2: posting the theme of "If you don't like our delivery pace, go use
something else".
3: (note the order of the 5 things here) posts in HTML, posts mangled by
tool-chains and posts difficult to read because of limited English
abilities.

I strive (happily) to understand foreign language posters.

Insert spiffy .sig here:
Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary parts.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

//me