[CentOS] Possible to use multiple disk to bypass I/O wait?

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 16:15:25 UTC 2011

On 6/9/11, Mathias Burén <mathias.buren at gmail.com> wrote:
> The first thing that comes to my mind: Have you tried another IO scheduler?

and the first thing that came to this noob's mind was: Wait, you mean
there's actually more than one? AND I get to choose?

I'll probably be experimenting with deadline and anticipatory since
the i/o wait seems to be due to the disk running back and fro trying
to serve the file scan as well as legit read request so having that
small wait for reads in the same area sounds like it would help.