[CentOS] Looking for gfs2-kmod SRPM

centoslistbrian at nym.hush.com centoslistbrian at nym.hush.com
Thu Jun 9 20:46:32 UTC 2011

This is kind of figured out now.

The actual RPM I'm using is from the debuginfo repo here:

http://debuginfo.centos.org/5/x86_64/gfs2-kmod-debuginfo-1.92-1.1.el5_2.2.x86_64.rpm

The contents of the RPM are identical to the RedHat RPM:

http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/os/x86_64/Debuginfo/gfs2-kmod-debuginfo-1.92-1.1.el5_2.2.x86_64.rpm

The problem here is that the source included in the debuginfo RPM does not match the binary.

When running the binary, I get "f:q" in my gfs2_tool lockdump output, which definitely cannot happen given the source code in the RPM.

It appears that this patch has been applied during compilation.  https://www.redhat.com/archives/cluster-devel/2011-May/msg00037.html
But the patch is not applied to the source code included.

Clearly this is not a CentOS issue as the RedHat RPM is wrong too, so this is just informational to close out the issue.

Brian