[CentOS] C6 LiveCD top 5 apps

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Jun 11 09:31:46 UTC 2011

nux at li.nux.ro wrote:
> Regarding http://twitter.com/CentOS/statuses/79336297579282432
>
> I don't have a twitter account so I'm spamming the list since it looks on
> topic :)
>
> I'd like to see on the LiveCD the following:
> 1. latest dd_rescue
> 2. latest gparted
> 3. ntfs-3g
> 4. screen
> 5. mc
>
> How about you?

It's nice list but a bit small for my taste :-D

Official LiveCD can not have anything from other repos.

When C6 is released I am going to create LiveCD with:
2, 3, 4, 5, 6,
krusader
lvm (if it is not already in kernel but I think it is)
mdmonitor
gftp
pidgin
thunderbird
xchat
ktorrent
d4x
skype
amarok-extras-freeworld
smplayer
nmap-frontend
rdesktop
tsclient
k3b
kdiff3
krename
yumex
gftp
fuse-ntfs-3g
isomaster
system-config-lvm
mc
webmin
shorewall
ghostscript
kmod-nvidia?(elrepo modules)?
nvidia-x11-drv?(elrepo modules)?
fglrx*?(elrepo modules)?
gksu(or alternative)
plnet-release (my own release package)
madwifi+madwifi module with AR5007EG support.
webmin
shorewall
non-free codecs

Some things will not be added, some will, etc.

List is from my LiveCD on CentOS 5.3 with added services:
cups,haldaemon,mcstrans,NetworkManager,portmap,restorecond,mdmonitor

You can download and use it:
http://rpms.plnet.rs/plnet-centos5-i386/CentOS-5.3-PLNet-i386-LiveCD.iso
but be warned that it is not an Official LiveCD and that is contains
custom packages from mine and other third-party repositories. And that
my packages were not signed back then.

Ljubomir