[CentOS] Dell openmanage srvadmin on 5.6

Kevin Thorpe kevin.thorpe at pibenchmark.com
Tue Jun 14 12:20:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen at iki.fi> wrote:
> 2011/6/14 Kevin Thorpe <kevin.thorpe at pibenchmark.com>:
>> Hi all,
>>       I'm just trying to get Dell openmanage to run on my Centos 5.6
>> box. The monitoring
>> stuff appears to have installed but the web server stuff is
>> complaining it needs openwsman
>> 2.2.3 or later and I can only find that for RHEL/Centos 6, not 5.
>>
>> Can anyone point me at a suitable rpm, or do I have to resort to
>> compiling it? Surely I'm not
>> the only one trying to do this.
>

> just follow instructions at
> http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/OMSA_6.5/ and install srvadmin-all

That's exactly what I was trying to do.
Error: Missing Dependency: openwsman-server >= 2.2.3 is needed by
package srvadmin-itunnelprovider-6.5.0-1.151.1.el5.x86_64
(dell-omsa-specific)

and this is from base, updates, epel, extras, rpmforge
[root at 510-top ~]# rpm -qa|grep openwsman
openwsman-client-2.2.0-5.el5
openwsman-server-2.2.0-5.el5