[CentOS] CentOS-6 Status updates

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jun 14 13:19:46 UTC 2011

Craig White wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 06:49 -0400, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
>> On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 09:22 -0700, Craig White wrote:
>> > easier just to give up - I moved my new servers to ubuntu - no more
>> new CentOS installs any more. I'm just going to maintain the CentOS 5
>> installs at this point.
>>
>> Holy shit, man!  I'd never, by choice, put in an Ubuntu server. Debian,
>> sure (though I'm a Red Hat and Red Hat based guy), but Ubuntu? Forget
>> it!
>>
>> I hope you find it as stable and reliable as CentOS.
> ----
> heck it's still Linux and pretty much the same.
>
> Red Hat went far too long between releases and it is clear to me that I
> can't possibly rely on CentOS for timeliness.

Timeliness, dunno. Ubuntu (or fedora) for production? NOT IF I HAVE ANY
CONTROL!!! Given how many developers write incredibly fragile code, that
is utterly dependent upon a very, very special environment, I guarantee
that the almost daily updates will break it, or the New Features! will
have changed interfaces....

         mark