[CentOS] Compiling PHP and MySQL

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Jun 14 20:24:47 UTC 2011

On 06/14/11 1:10 PM, Dvorkin, Asya wrote:
>>> Is there a way to find out what are the usual configure options that are used to
>> >
>> >  php -i | grep configure
>> >  or check from the srpm...
> Thank you, John.  This is very useful to know.

I would suggest using the SRPMS and rpmbuild after modifying the spec
file to reference the php/mysql source tarballs of your choice.   if you
start with SRPMs that are close to the version you want, it will be that
much easier.

this way your custom php/mysql are packaged as RPMs so they will coexist
nicely with the rest of the system.