[CentOS] CentOS-6 Status updates

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 02:07:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> And by the way - if you need to run something yourself just to be able
> to support someone else you can usually do it under vmware player,
> virtualbox, etc.  It's easier than fighting with real hardware and
> shutting down whatever else you were doing to use it.

I can, but it's too slow on my "trailing edge" hardware. It's easier
to just reboot and not put up with a sluggish VirtualBox machine --
though I do (very rarely) run Win 2K in VirtualBox. Since it has a
small footprint it works well there -- and I pull its virtual network
plug so it can't go malware hunting.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.6