[CentOS] CentOS-6 Status updates

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Thu Jun 16 01:01:18 UTC 2011

Paul Heinlein wrote:
> In *this* case, since Red Hat has already released 6.1, it may even be
> prudent to wait for the CentOS 6.1 release before public deployment.

My guess is devs will first work on critical updates and release them
before the 6.1 official release. That way 6.0 will still be usable.

Also, it should be possible to compile 6.1 packages on 6.0, or at least
on already working build platform, so 6.1 release might be much faster.
I would not be surprised that preliminary build of 6.1 packages was
already attempted, and that dev already have the list of possible issues
  not yet solved in 6.0 process.

Ljubomir