[CentOS] CentOS 5 32bit and 3Tbyte drives

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Mon Jun 20 18:34:07 UTC 2011

On 6/18/2011 8:00 PM, Stephen Harris wrote:

> I wondering if the new 3Tb disks would work in this scenario;

I've tried 3 TB disks on a 32-bit CentOS 5 box, plugged into generic
Intel PIIX on-board SATA ports.  It seemed to work fine.

I only did it to see if it would work, so I currently have no systems
deployed like that.  Everything using 3 TB disks in production right now
does so via a 3ware RAID controller.  The big gotcha there is that only
their newest controllers (9700 series) support 3 TB disks.