[CentOS] Year in log files

Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane todd.denniston at navy.mil
Thu Jun 23 12:26:50 UTC 2011

Two suggestions,
1) look for 'yum: Updated:' in the messages log, which should be rotated
a bit more often (and the auditor was probably fine with the time stamps
there), and if syslog is being directed to a log collector the log
collector may have different settings.

2) look at `rpm -qa --last` for at least the currently installed
versions, it does include the full year stamp.
   If needed the auditor could link timestamps from the rpm database to
the yum log.