[CentOS] OT: DHCP address pool for specific MAC manufacturer

Steven Tardy sjt5 at its.msstate.edu
Thu Jun 23 13:29:03 UTC 2011

did something similar recently...

dhcpd.conf
class "VMware" { match if ( substring(hardware,1,3) = 00:50:56 ); }
subnet 10.1.1.224 netmask 255.255.255.240 {
         #other subnet specific stuff here
         pool { allow members of "VMware"; range 10.1.1.229 10.1.1.230; }
         pool { deny  members of "VMware";  range 10.1.1.236 10.1.1.237; }
}

--
Steven Tardy
Systems Analyst