[CentOS] No DVD Mirrors - Only Torrent

Always Learning

centos at u6.u22.net
Fri Jun 24 00:23:42 UTC 2011

I love Centos. Have in on my data centre servers, my home servers, my
laptop and my netbook. Yes there are serious and continuing security
concerns relating to Gnome and KDE but they are not Centos.

Currently running 5.6 and would like a two set DVD of that version.
However none of the mirrors offer pure DVDs only Torrent versions which
involve the possibility of bits being tampered with and things leaving
my servers without explicit knowledge and authority.

None of the CD / DVD sellers I have contacted can offer Centos 5.6 DVDs
because, they say, they can't get a virgin 5.6 DVD only Torrent.

FreeBSD 8.2 (the latest) offers a virgin 1 DVD download. The whole
distribution is about 4 DVDs. Can Centos offer a virgin 1 DVD download
of 5.6 for those of us who are unhappy about slow Torrent, the
possibility of tampering and the traffic out of our machines ?

BY THE WAY, a very BIG and GRATEFUL THANK YOU to the EXCELLENT TEAM that
gave us the wonderful Centos 5.6.  Very much appreciated and if KBS and
the others ever venture out of Kent and London a bit northwards but
south of Watford I would be delighted to buy him and the others several
rounds of drinks.

It makes me want to write an application for Linux.

--

With best regards,

Paul.
England,