[CentOS] No DVD Mirrors - Only Torrent

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Jun 24 03:37:58 UTC 2011

> Thank you. I note your reservation "....as long as you get the
> original .torrent file from a reliable source."  I don't know what this
> exactly means."
>
> I prefer virgin copies.

right now, you get that virgin copy off one or another of the centos
mirrors, and check its md5 against the master copy on the centos site?

so... get the torrent file from the same place.  verify the .torrent
control file's md5 before starting the torrent.   when the torrent has
finished transferring, you can also verify the md5's of the ISO files it
contains.

but...  the DVD ISO's are on select mirrors, such as
http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5.6/isos/x86_64/