[CentOS] CentOS-6 Status updates

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Mon Jun 27 06:26:26 UTC 2011

Mark Bradbury wrote:

>     yes cool isn't it, that webpage is updated! actually that's what makes
>     it useful.
>     besides, read the title text on that page again:
>     "QA dates are tentative dates for internal planning only. These are not
>     official release dates, but only a guide for the QA team. All target
>     dates are subject to change."
>

> Which makes it pretty useless.

Not quite. Those are at least "not before this date". And those are
goals set for upcoming period. If issues are found between now and then,
then schedule has to be moved. They are not Microsoft to release
unfinished product.

But I do think that some kind of announcement that target date
might/will not be met should be posted 1-2 days prior to that date. That
would make speculations at lowest minimum possible.

Ljubomir