[CentOS] Latest kernel produces kernel error on Dell R200 on boot-up

Giovanni Tirloni gtirloni at sysdroid.com
Mon Jun 27 11:04:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 7:10 AM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>wrote:

> Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote on Mon, 27 Jun 2011 08:28:43 +0200:
>
> > You failed to mention that this is CentOS 4 kernel, am I correct it is
> > C4?
>
> No, c4 is a host numbering scheme. This is the latest series 5 kernel.
> 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5xen. What I didn't mention is that it is the xen kernel
> on x64.

Most of the errors on Google seems to account for bugs in drivers failing to
keep track of how many objects they've added to sysfs.

http://www.google.com/search?q=
"EEXIST%2C+don't+try+to+register+things+with+the+same+name+in+the+same+directory"

RH Bugzilla: http://bit.ly/jQHbXa

I wouldn't be too worried, it just seems to be repeating something it has
already done.

I'm not too familiar on how such thing should be reported. Should a bug be
created in the CentOS bug database?

--
Giovanni Tirloni