[CentOS] How many L1/L2 my cpu have ?

clibup clibup clibup at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 12:09:14 UTC 2011

According dmidecode this cpu have:
L1 - 64KiB - not true in my opinion because (L1 Instruction cache: 32KB and
L1 Data cache: 32KB) per core - L1 should be 128KiB
L2 - 6Mib - true

dmidecode --type 4,7
# dmidecode 2.10
SMBIOS 2.4 present.

Handle 0x0004, DMI type 4, 35 bytes
Processor Information
        Socket Designation: U10
        Type: Central Processor
        Family: Pentium M
        Manufacturer: Intel(R)
        ID: 76 06 01 00 FF FB EB BF
        Signature: Type 0, Family 6, Model 23, Stepping 6
        Flags:
                FPU (Floating-point unit on-chip)
                VME (Virtual mode extension)
                DE (Debugging extension)
                PSE (Page size extension)
                TSC (Time stamp counter)
                MSR (Model specific registers)
                PAE (Physical address extension)
                MCE (Machine check exception)
                CX8 (CMPXCHG8 instruction supported)
                APIC (On-chip APIC hardware supported)
                SEP (Fast system call)
                MTRR (Memory type range registers)
                PGE (Page global enable)
                MCA (Machine check architecture)
                CMOV (Conditional move instruction supported)
                PAT (Page attribute table)
                PSE-36 (36-bit page size extension)
                CLFSH (CLFLUSH instruction supported)
                DS (Debug store)
                ACPI (ACPI supported)
                MMX (MMX technology supported)
                FXSR (Fast floating-point save and restore)
                SSE (Streaming SIMD extensions)
                SSE2 (Streaming SIMD extensions 2)
                SS (Self-snoop)
                HTT (Hyper-threading technology)
                TM (Thermal monitor supported)
                PBE (Pending break enabled)
        Version: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9300  @ 2.50GHz
        Voltage: 1.1 V
        External Clock: 200 MHz
        Max Speed: 2500 MHz
        Current Speed: 2500 MHz
        Upgrade: None
        L1 Cache Handle: 0x0005
        L2 Cache Handle: 0x0006
        L3 Cache Handle: Not Provided
        Serial Number: Not Specified
        Asset Tag: Not Specified
        Part Number: Not Specified

Handle 0x0005, DMI type 7, 19 bytes
Cache Information
        Socket Designation: Internal L1 Cache
        Configuration: Enabled, Not Socketed, Level 1
        Operational Mode: Write Back
        Location: Internal
        Installed Size: 64 kB
        Maximum Size: 64 kB
        Supported SRAM Types:
                Burst
        Installed SRAM Type: Burst
        Speed: Unknown
        Error Correction Type: Unknown
        System Type: Unified
        Associativity: 4-way Set-associative

Handle 0x0006, DMI type 7, 19 bytes
Cache Information
        Socket Designation: Internal L2 Cache
        Configuration: Enabled, Not Socketed, Level 2
        Operational Mode: Write Back
        Location: External
        Installed Size: 6144 kB
        Maximum Size: 6144 kB