[CentOS] how do determine last file system on disk?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Mon Jun 27 20:09:21 UTC 2011

On Sunday, June 26, 2011 04:00:46 AM Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> [root at HP-DL360 ~]# blkid -s TYPE
> /dev/mapper/LVM-swap: TYPE="swap"
> /dev/mapper/LVM-root: TYPE="ext3"
> /dev/cciss/c0d0p1: TYPE="ext3"
> /dev/LVM/root: TYPE="ext3"
> /dev/LVM/swap: TYPE="swap"
> /dev/mapper/LVM-data: TYPE="ext3"
> [root at HP-DL360 ~]# fdisk -l /dev/sda
> [root at HP-DL360 ~]#

> Which filesystems can this command recognize? I checked the MAN page, but
> couldn't find a list of filesystems that it's familiar with

Ok, you have an LVM setup, and it appears to be on a hardware RAID.  Issue in turn:
pvscan
vgscan
lvscan

to see how things are sliced.  They're likely all on a /dev/cciss/c0d0pX where X is the partition.  That is, you have an array, and that array doesn't expose its disks in the normal /dev/sdX fashion, apparently.  I guess that from seeing /dev/cciss/c0d0p1 (controller 0, disk 0, partition 1, perhaps?) which is likely mounted as /boot.