[CentOS] Anyway to ensure SSH availability?

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 21:04:07 UTC 2011

On 6/30/11, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> The seriously on-the-cheap approach is to run a few virtual servers on
> hardware slightly better than one of the individual servers would need.

Actually THAT is the fundamental problem ;)
The physical server is frankly much more powerful than the two guest
running on it. I have the same applications + public web/email running
on old dual core machines with less memory than the guests.

Nothing that's being done is out of ordinary except something ordinary
coupled with two virtual guest doing it at the same thing on the same
physical disks causes everything to go haywire. But because "it" is
otherwise normal, I haven't figured out a way to pinpoint what is it
after the previous issue was solved.

>   You are much less likely to kill the host (expecially something like
> ESXi) to the point where you can't connect,

Just my luck :D

>and more likely to be able
> to afford the out-of-band management where you need it since you have
> fewer boxes.

Unfortunately not the case. Most of these are basically applications +
email/web servers for small/medium customers so they are usually
scattered at the client's office or different datacenters.