[CentOS] Anyway to ensure SSH availability?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Jun 30 01:12:37 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, June 29, 2011 05:20:26 PM Rainer Duffner wrote:
> Am 29.06.2011 um 23:17 schrieb Lamar Owen:
> > More expensive servers that would be suitable for
> > virtualization host use also tend to have better I/O subsystems and
> > faster disks.  Relative to a 'cheap' system with much poorer base I/
> > O bandwidth.

> The OP clearly stated that he's probably not running a datacenter full
> of DL580g7 servers...

Yeah, I saw that.  I was just addressing the I/O slowdown thing, where if you double the money you might very well get more than double the performance, and get two VM's running faster than on the cheaper hardware.  But it seems he's already doing some virt.

Just not enough detail to sort that out.

Although it would really be interesting to me to see scheduler settings that would indeed allow something of a 'privileged' ssh or an OOB console that would be responsive even under a punishing load with lots of swapping, which is what the OP originally asked about.