[CentOS] centos 5.6 and intel MHD4500 graphics card

Hüvely Balázs balazs.huvely at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 07:24:30 UTC 2011

On 06/29/2011 07:34 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Hüvely Balázs wrote:

>>> do a text mode install
> <snip>
>> Ok, I did the text mode install successfully.
>> The problem still exists: when i start X, or enter to runlevel 5, the
>> screen goes to black. How can I resolve the problem? Is there any
>> update, workaround?
> Try
> rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> system-config-display
Ok, I rm the xorg.conf file. After I start immediately the X server, the
screen was visible but only in 800x600 resolution.
I tried to change it, but there is no other modes available.

So I get back to console and try s-c-d, then start again X.
The backlight went off again, so I returned to the original problem.

I tried to manually edit the xorg.conf, but the result is the same blank
screen.

I think that the problem is depending by the resolution.

Any clue?

Thanks: Balazs