[CentOS] the tag Obsoletes: in spec files

Wed Jun 1 07:45:01 UTC 2011
Philippe Naudin <philippe.naudin at supagro.inra.fr>

Le mar 31 mai 2011 19:26:35 CEST, Ljubomir Ljubojevic a écrit:

> Something is obviously wrong, and does not work like it should. I gave
> up and just removed old version and installed new one.

Well, I think you are right : Obsoletes doesn't work, or at least need
more documentation about how it works.

I followed suggestions from John and Gordon (thanks !) and tried :
yum clean
yum -v install texlive-20110312-0phn.x86_64.rpm \
  texlive-texmf-20110312-0phn.noarch.rpm \
  texlive-fontsextra-20110312-0phn.noarch.rpm \
  2>&1 | tee yum.log

but grep -Ei '(obsolete|tetex)' yum.log shows only some i386 tetex
packages that are excluded by my yum.conf (exclude=*.i?86).

The following is no more related to Obsoletes :

I tried to install texlive then uninstall tetex despite they both
use the same directories to store their packages, and it worked (no
need to --force or whatever) ; rpm -V don't find anything to worry
about.

Because there is a lot of %post scripts in texlive (to configure
what have been installed), I want to run again these scripts after
removing tetex. I can do a yum reinstall, but my texlive is close to
500 Mb : is there a way to run the scripts without downloading
anything ?

--
Philippe