[CentOS] Bash rotating tab completion with list

Mon Jun 13 12:21:32 UTC 2011
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>

I just got off a Windows 7 terminal which has rotating tab completion,
this means that in the case of completion ambiguity the shell
completes one of the possibilities, and subsequent tabs complete to
different possibilities. This in contrast to bash's behaviour of
simply printing a list of possibilities.

Googling I have found that bash can in fact have rotating completion
by setting "\C-i": menu-complete. However, I would really like the
first tab to show the possibilities (default behaviour, albeit on the
second tab), and subsequent tabs to rotate. I can't figure this out.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen