[CentOS] ClearOS rebuild

Fri Jun 3 09:46:53 UTC 2011
Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org>

> If you want to get into the nitty gritty of it, the ONLY group of
> people who deserve ANY credit at all are the Redhat folks. So saying a
> product that is released off Redhat's coattails is competing with
> another product that is ALSO running off Redhat's coattails is absurd.

Maybe a little thought as well for the few hundreds/thousands of FLOSS
upstream projects?
(starting with the kernel and all GNU software...)

Red Hat is great and what they do (and Debian, Ubuntu, etc. do) is
critical, but I find it sometimes weird how people talk about it as if
they were developing ALL the software they distribute.

The "product" is the collective work of all the contributors to free
software (individuals and organizations) over three decades, as well
as of those who make it available to others (volunteers like CentOS,
companies like Red Hat).