[CentOS] hard disk install failure

Tue Jun 7 12:08:53 UTC 2011
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

John Doe wrote:

> From: Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

>> md5sum -c md5sum.txt.asc
>> CentOS-5.6-x86_64-bin-DVD-1of2.iso: OK
>
> The "image #2"... what about 2of2?

I suppose there could be something relevant on the 2nd DVD,
although the first has been sufficient to install in 3 other ways:
1) via HTTP from another machine on my home LAN;
2) after copying the DVD-1of2 to a USB stick; and
3) it was also sufficient on a machine with a DVD drive.
(The machine I was trying the hard disk install on-
an HP MicroServer - has no DVD drive.)

> Did you check the debug consoles (alt-Fx)?

I'm not sure what this is.
I copied everything in isolinux and images on the DVD
in several places.

Now I have to work out how to install Windows on the machine,
but I daren't ask about that here ...
I need it because my ISP claims to have tripled the speed
of my supply, but says I have to run a Windows CD
to setup the modem he has given me.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net