[CentOS] hard disk install failure

Tue Jun 7 14:21:57 UTC 2011
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Jussi Hirvi wrote:

> On 7.6.2011 1.19, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> But I'm not sure what "image #2" is? Or where it should be put?
>>
> images/stage2.img ??

I assumed that was what was meant,
and put copies of this file everywhere I could think of:
in the same place as the DVD, in an images directory there,
on the /boot partition, etc.
But none of them satsified the installer.

I thought it slightly silly that the installer does not say
exactly what file it is looking for
(and where it expected to find it).

In my experience this is not uncommon in Linux programs;
you are told that something is missing,
but precisely what is left to the imagination.
Presumably the program must know exactly what it is looking for,
so I don't understand why the information cannot be passed on.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net