[CentOS] Revisor

Tue Jun 7 21:31:29 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 02:59:44PM -0400, Brunner, Brian T. wrote:

> Please stop fretting about top posting.

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16

"Guidelines for CentOS Mailing List posts" - specific section quoted
below:

2. Please do not top post to the mailing list when replying to a post.
   (See the Quoting Style link above, and use the Interleaved text method,
   deleting non-applicable text as required. If you need to reply to a
   message, and you do not need to post in interleaved mode, please bottom
   post instead of top posting.)

> So the second request should be "Please post in plain text, not HTML."

Message has a text/plain (quoted) component which is what I will see as
I use mutt.  While this may be in violation of guideline #1 of the above
named section of the listed URL it's not the underlying problem.
Whether composing natively in text/plain would have prevented this
formatting issue or not I do not know; gut hunch says no.

It does appear that it is indeed a tool-chain issue, but be that as it
may the problem remains: reading these posts is annoying and the poster
should attempt to fix it.  I am not familiar with the tools in question,
so I can't possibly advise on how to correct this issue; perhaps other
list members can assist this person in getting things fixed.

You can not possibly tell me that you like reading text with this type
of spacing.  While it is true that I have the ability of filtering these
into oblivion I should not have to take such steps.

							John

--
"Whenever two people meet, there are really six people present. There is each
man as he sees himself, each man as the other person sees him, and each man

--  William James