[CentOS] CentOS-6 Status updates

Mon Jun 13 17:06:12 UTC 2011
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 6/13/2011 9:48 AM Paul Heinlein spake the following:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2011, Devin Reade wrote:
>
>> (I'm another one of those who has been delaying deployment of some
>> new systems pending CentOS 6 due to wanting to maximize those
>> systems' useful lifetimes.)
>
> I was wondering if hardware vendors would see an uptick in sales
> around the time CentOS 6 becomes generally available...

When the build issues are resolved with 6.0, 6.1 will not be as far behind.
I'm almost sure that the normal past times of 2 to 3 weeks will work back into
the norm. Since it seems that RedHat has accelerated their major version
releases, it might be a short reprieve... Not that the CentOS team is
slacking, but you can bet that enterprise 7.0 will most likely have new
obstacles...