[CentOS] CentOS-6 Status updates

Tue Jun 14 14:33:25 UTC 2011
Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 9:19 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>>
>> heck it's still Linux and pretty much the same.
>>
>> Red Hat went far too long between releases and it is clear to me that I
>> can't possibly rely on CentOS for timeliness.
>
> Timeliness, dunno. Ubuntu (or fedora) for production? NOT IF I HAVE ANY
> CONTROL!!! Given how many developers write incredibly fragile code, that
> is utterly dependent upon a very, very special environment, I guarantee
> that the almost daily updates will break it, or the New Features!

I've been running Ubuntu boxes (in production) at various companies
without a hitch - initially with a lot of skepticism. There's also one
company where I support twenty Fedora boxes (which is a pain because
there isn't an LTS version) but I kicked off that company's use of
Linux with RH (not RHEL) 5 and the IT manager doesn't want to move to
another distribution.