[CentOS] OT: high static in server room

Tue Jun 14 21:05:11 UTC 2011
aurfalien at gmail.com <aurfalien at gmail.com>

On Jun 14, 2011, at 12:54 PM, Kevin Thorpe wrote:

>> carpet is usually banned from computer rooms because it encourages
>> lint
>> and dust, which clogs fans and chassis and air filters.    most data
>> centers do NOT want the janitors in there doing weekly vacuuming and
>> banging into the servers!!
>
> This was a mainframe shop and we were the fishes swimming around
> behind
> the picture window. After you've spent £4 million on a computer you
> want to
> show it off..... and we did the cleaning, not a cleaner in sight

Yea, NetApp does the same.

Carpet is quieter and looks nicer.

I did a small room once were I stitched together carpet of a Lego
scene, was really fun.

I was working for Burt Ward at one time (Robin from Batman TV series)
and was gonna do a bat cave inspired room with fake rocks,
stalactites, cool lighting, etc...

- aurf