[CentOS] CentOS-6 Status updates

Tue Jun 14 22:24:52 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 6/14/2011 5:00 PM, Ron Blizzard wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Les Mikesell<lesmikesell at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> By
>> the way, my install was originally a 9.x LTS, upgraded to a 10.x over
>> the network while running under vmware and I installed it in the first
>> place because Centos didn't include a driver for the wifi and ubuntu
>> 'just worked'.
>
> Opposite of my experience. All functions on my Dell work with CentOS,

Do you have something other than an intel wifi chip?  At least at the
time I installed, CentOS did not include the firmware.  I might have
been able to fix that, but I also had trouble with WPA2 password setting
in another scenario and ubunutu seemed much more adept about managing
connections.  Maybe CentOS has gotten better with current updates.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com